Are you doing a TRX Squat right?
So, here’s the skinny on how to and how to not do that TRX Squat!
- Place your TRX straps at mid-length (which is typically handles just above the knees).
- Facing your anchor point, grab the handles.
- Back away from your anchor point until your elbows are directly under your shoulders while your body is at 180 degrees (straight line from the heels to the head). The most common mistake I see is here, where the feet are too close to the anchor point and the body is more like at a 45 degree angle so you end up doing a row, not a squat.
- Slowly bend at the hips, driving your tail to the back until your hamstrings are parallel to the ground. As you’re doing this, you want to keep your torso upright with your weight centered on your feet, so your arms should naturally extended forward.
- Pushing through your heels, slowly return to your start position (3 above) – are your elbows right under your shoulders?
Founder of Studio SWEAT and Studio SWEAT onDemand
Register Today to Get Access to Over a Hundred Body Sculpting Classes
by Signing Up for Your FREE 7 Day Trial