The Renegade Row is a multi-joint and muscle exercise that does wonders for your back, chest, shoulders, triceps, biceps, and core! Studio SWEAT onDemand’s Founder, Cat Kom is here to give you the best tips to do a Renegade right!
1. Grab a set of hex dumbbells if you have them! If not, grab what you got, like a regular pair of weights or a kettlebell.
2. Assume a planking position with your hands directly under or slightly wider than your shoulders. Keep your hips level, and be sure not to arch that back!
3. Embrace a tight core! Brace for a punch, chest open, no saggy hips!
4. While keeping your hips and shoulders square to the ground, press into the ground with your left hand while drawing your right elbow up until it’s higher than your back. If you cannot get your elbow higher than your back, you probably need a lighter set of weights.
5. On the eccentric, (hand returns to the floor as your arm lengthens) keep it slow and controlled.
6. Repeat on the other side until you’ve done 8 to 12 reps per side.
If you’re looking to do a Push-Up Renegade Row I say GO FOR IT! Just do a push-up, then one row per side. Repeat Repeat Repeat! Oh, and it’s okay to do the push-up from the knees, but get back off the knees for the Row. Cat always says, “Rows from your toes!”
If you’re experiencing lower back pain or are not yet strong enough you can do the entire or parts of the Renegade from your knees versus your toes. Just remember to do as many from your toes as you can before taking the knees to the floor. And, if you start by doing them from your knees challenge yourself harder by trying to do at least one or two from the toes every week!
So learn how to do one of the best exercises for your back, core and more! Just watch this video in full to see it in action, and for more trainer tip videos, go here!: https://www.studiosweatondemand.com/category/trainer-tip-videos/
Register Today to Get Access to Over a Hundred Body Sculpting Classes
by Signing Up for Your FREE 7 Day Trial