Let’s learn about Nutrition in this 60 min Nutrition Workshop with Miriam, starting Sunday June 4 at 11:30 AM PST. Miriam, SSoD’s Registered Dietitian, will present Intuitive Eating Techniques and Functional Fueling. She will discuss the following:
- Diet efficacy
- Why should we Intuitively Eat?
- How to awaken your Intuitive Eating ability
- 10 Principals of Intuitive Eating broken down
- Functional Fueling
- Managing expectations
- How to measure successes healthfully
- Wellness Journey
Download the Powerpoint presentation here
Download the Hunger scale image here
At the conclusion of the presentation, Miriam will host a 30 min Q&A period, where you will have a chance to ask the questions!
Click Here for Live Streaming Tips & Tricks
Tips and Tricks for Live Streaming
- Update Browser: Use an up-to-date version of Firefox or Chrome. One benefit of Chrome is that it already has Adobe Flash installed by default, which you will need.
- Install and Update Adobe Flash: Go here and follow the steps outlined on that page to make sure that you have an up-to-date version of Adobe Flash Player installed. Do this on the same computer and browser that you are trying to watch the live stream on.
- Check Internet Connection and Bandwidth: You can only watch a live stream if you have a consistent internet connection. Shared wi-fi networks, like what you might find at a coffee shop, are often too unreliable to view a live stream without interruption. It is recommended to view on the best possible connection you can find.You can run a speedtest here to determine your download speed. It can be helpful to run the test several times to see if you are getting consistent download speeds. To view an 720/HD stream, you need download speeds at around 1.5-2Mbps.When possible, plugging in via an ethernet cable can help you avoid the possibility of an inconsistent wireless connection.
Check Computer Resources: A possible cause of choppiness or pausing playback is insufficient CPU resources. It is recommended to shut down all other applications and browser tabs / windows while viewing if you are experiencing playback problems.
- Reload Browser: If the stream freezes for more than 5 seconds, try reloading the browser.
Check that Ustream content is not blocked by an ad-blocker, firewall, or being filtered on your local network: Particularly if you are watching at a school or in a corporate environment, it is possible that a firewall or content filter is blocking Ustream content. If you see a black screen instead of the live video stream, this is one of the possible causes. If you have any ad-blockers installed, disable those in your browser