Enjoy an Effective Full Body Workout Plan Using Your Bodyweight!
Can you make a full body workout plan without a gym, or any equipment for that matter? Of course you can! Whether you’re traveling or just don’t have a home gym, there’s always a way to get fit. That’s why we’ve created this list of exercises without equipment, that use only your bodyweight. You’ll find the most basic and unique workouts guaranteed to help you work up a sweat; so, what are you waiting for? Step to it!
Here are some of my favorite equipment free, do anywhere exercises.
Lateral Plank Walk
Spice up that plank position by walking the plank—and we don’t mean the ones pirates do. The plank walk is a mobile version of the plank that activates your core and your arms.
- Start in a plank position, arms extended, with your body forming a straight line from head to toe
- Step your right foot and right hand slightly to the right, then follow with your left hand and foot
- “Walk” a few steps to the right, then repeat in the other direction
The boat pose is a classic yoga exercise, but it’s also one of the best basic body weight exercises out there, and certainly packs a punch for your core. An oh—it’s also awesome for improving your posture.
- Sit on a pad with your knees to your chest
- Lean back and lift your legs off the floor so that they’re on tabletop
- Extend your arms forward at shoulder height. Palms should be facing each other
- Lean back further and straighten your legs so you’re at a v formation
- Remember to straighten your back to isolate your core!
Next on our list of bodyweight exercises is jump squats! Tone your legs and glutes with this dynamic leg workout that uses your own weight to make gains.
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart
- Without moving your legs, squat down by dipping your booty
- Then jump directly up, making sure to straighten your legs.
This is your chance to skip FOR leg day! Jump lunges are a super basic bodyweight exercise that’ll target the calves, hamstrings, quads, and glutes. It’s a real kick-butt workout!
- Stand with one leg forward, bent at a 90 angle, one leg back
- Keep your arms bent
- Jump by driving your feet to the floor and launching your body up
- Land with your feet in the opposite formation
Decline Push Up
This snazzy version of the pushup leverages your bodyweight by putting more weight on the upper body. And, if you can’t do a decline push-up, it’s okay, try a traditional push-up instead!
- Get in a pushup position, hands slightly wider than your shoulders
- Make sure your body’s in a straight line, eyes ahead
- Put your feet up on a step, bench, or strong box
- Perform a pushup
Rounding out our full body workout plan are Burpees. Don’t let the cute name fool you, burpees are often #1 on the list of bodyweight exercises! Burpees are amazing because they burn fat like crazy, and if you modify them enough, they can activate everything from your arms, shoulders, core, and legs! Just remember to perform your burpees quickly and smoothly.
- Squat down and put your hands on the floor, shoulder width apart
- Shoot your legs back so that you’re in a plank position
- Drop your body down (optional)
- Do a pushup (optional)
- Jump forward into a squat
- Jump up with your hands in the air
Which of these unique bodyweight exercises are joining your new, full body workout plan without equipment? It’s up to you to find out! Of course, if you’d like a little help and motivation during training (or even more workouts to fill out your sweatin’ regime), check out all of the Travel Friendly, equipment free workouts that are available on Studio SWEAT onDemand by clicking here or sign up for Studio SWEAT onDemand’s 7-Day Free Trial. It’s your chance to access to hundreds of classes on Spin, TRX, and other full-body workouts. Hop (or lunge) to it!BODY-SCULPTING WORKOUTS. NON-STOP NEW RELEASES | Pick Your All Access Pass Now!